When you think of IT outsourcing, the first thing that will cross your mind is whether it will be cost-effective and can you receive adequate support if any issue arises with the system. Many SME owners opt for cloud-based solutions offered as Software as a Service (SaaS), primarily for SAP business solutions. It is an extension of IT outsourcing in which you can get all facilities of SAP business solutions without having to worry about maintenance, upgrades and training employees.
If you use an in-house or on-premise system, the first thing you have to do is to train a system maintenance team. Nevertheless, if you opt for IT outsourcing, the service provider will be in charge of the IT setup’s design and management. So, what are the other benefits of IT Outsourcing? Read below…
What is IT Outsourcing?
A cloud-based SAP solution’s IT outsourcing service offers you great accessibility. Let’s say you build an SAP infrastructure on-premise, you need to hire trained professionals, make hardware investments, and create an entire SAP support system. That’s an extensive investment. But if you opt for IT outsourcing, you can considerably reduce your investments.
The infrastructural features of IT outsourcing are as follows:
- You will not be required to hire any full-time employees to set up your SAP infrastructure. Instead, you can select the infrastructure you need from the packages provided by an IT outsourcing company.
- All you need to give is the outsourcing fee, and all the services will be included in the prices. In addition, you will not have to worry about any infrastructural setup. You will not have to hire or nurture full-time employees, yet you will get facilities similar to an in-house SAP business solution.
Thus, with the help of IT outsourcing, you can get the facilities of SAP business solutions at a fraction of the cost of an on-premise solution. It is not only a cost-effective solution but also a scalable one. As your business expands, you can upgrade your existing business solution at a much lower cost than an on-premise solution.
Key Benefits of IT Outsourcing
Other than being cost-effective, there are several other benefits of IT outsourcing:
1. Trained team
Any IT solution requires a trained team. When you choose an on-premise solution you need a trained team who can handle the requirements daily. Moreover, when upgrades are implemented, your team must quickly evaluate these and integrate them with the on-premise system. However, if you opt for IT outsourcing, you will not have to worry about expertise.
2. Greater access to skilled individuals
You can increase your access to a professional and technically expert team with better knowledge of handling critical situations when you outsource your IT requirements. Although the in-house team knows the business operations, the IT outsource team of experts have knowledge of working with several business organizations. Therefore, they have experience handling different business resources. This knowledge can prove valuable when it comes to managing a business crisis that is new in your enterprise.
3. Technology upgrades
With IT outsourcing, technology upgrades become simpler because it’s no longer an in-house project. The service provider will make any changes that are brought about in the system. Your service provider will notify you of the upgrade requirements. The company will carry out the upgrade remotely, and you do not have to be bothered by it. Moreover, your historical data or analytics will be protected during the upgrade.
Say, for instance, any sudden resignation of a senior member of your in-house SAP team; then your upgrade can come to a halt. But if you have outsourced your IT requirement, you do not have to worry about any such scenario. Your service provider will do the upgrade, and you can carry out your business operations with ease. The outsourcing of your IT requirements reduces your worry about resources.
The main benefit of outsourcing IT requirements is that it reduces your hassle and lets you concentrate on your business operations. As a business manager, you do not have to worry about your company’s IT and software management aspects. Hence, you can concentrate on the expansion of your business operations.
How to decide whether to build in-house support or outsource it?
If you are wondering whether you should outsource your SAP requirements or build an in-house one, then there are certain factors that you must consider, and some of these are as follows:
- For in-house SAP infrastructure, you must be prepared to make extensive investments and maintain a trained staff to manage the system. However, outsourcing your requirements can prove to be hassle-free and cost-effective as it requires only an outsourcing fee.
- With an in-house team, you will have employees who will have a thorough knowledge of your company’s workflows, but they will lack versatility. With outsourcing, you can get the advantage of having more skilled employees on your team.
- SAP need trained employees that you can get only with outsourcing. The latest upgrades made within the system and the infrastructural changes are available only to qualified employees. Hence, if you opt for an in-house SAP system, you will have to train your employees continuously, and that can prove to be expensive in the long run. Instead, if you outsource your requirements, you can get access to better skills but more cost-effectively.
- When you outsource your SAP requirements, you get access to a range of support services. This can be in automated upgrades, analytics, regular reports and many more such supports. Furthermore, your service provider can customize the tools and solutions with several integrations across the SAP platform to meet your requirements. This is possible only when you outsource your SAP requirements.
Also Read: How to Buy SAP Software for SMEs?
Axxis Consulting provides an IT outsourcing service
Axxis Consulting provides a complete SAP outsourcing for a broad range of ERP and CRM solutions. You can deploy the solution either as an on-premise or a cloud-hosted service. We offer complete monitoring of the system, dashboard reporting, analytics and regular health check-ups of your system. Being a partner, we will provide you with a Service Level Agreement (SLA) that will give you a clear idea of maintenance support to enhance the design.
Regular system up-gradation and check-ups are necessary to ensure that the entire system is working at par. We will carry out these check-ups to prevent any system bugs. If such a situation is identified, we will deploy support packages to avoid any untoward crisis from occurring.
The objective behind outsourcing your IT requirements is that you need your business management to be streamlined. At the same time, you want to concentrate more on the core functions of your business and expand its operations. By outsourcing your company’s IT requirements, you can achieve all of these and in a cost-effective manner just like how TrickleStar became the Rising Star – Click here to know more.