SAP has announced a new go-to-market offering called RISE with SAP, Business Transformation as a Service. RISE with SAP is a subscription-based service that includes a variety of products and services.
In simple words, RISE with SAP is a “bundling of existing SAP solutions” that focus on supporting customers in:
- MODERNIZING on the best cloud infrastructure to achieve the lowest possible TCO.
- STANDARDIZING on the best intelligent suite to drive process efficiency and scale.
- DIGITIZING on the best transformation platform to innovate faster than your competition.
Each step of this business transformation is supported through the RISE with SAP package, enabling organizations to integrate, enrich, and extend live data from SAP S/4HANA Cloud and improve decision-making with intelligent technologies.
The Objectives of RISE with SAP solution:
- Take the lead with industry innovation to drive growth and run your business sustainably
- Never stop improving with continuous insight
- Help secure success at each step with a trusted partner
The 5 key components of RISE with SAP
1. Business Process Intelligence
SAP Business Process Intelligence quickly understand, improve, repair, transform, and manage your business performance across the entire enterprise. Besides that, SAP Signavio Process Intelligence within RISE finds the best opportunities for improvement.
Furthermore, it also includes Business Process Management administrative capabilities to aid in the automation and management of the business processes in companies of various sizes and complexity.
With business intelligence, you will not just be able to make informed decisions but also identify new methods of expanding your firm’s business operations, for instance:
- Evaluate the information and identify the aspects of your business enterprise that are not performing up to par. Thus, you can consider Artificial intelligence and machine learning to help you evaluate the functioning of your business enterprise and improve its efficiency.
- Simulate a scenario to identify situations where you can improve the performance of your business enterprise.
- Introduce new and improved management methods, create workflow charts, and integrate any business organization functions that have not been integrated into the system to ensure seamless functioning.
- Set up benchmarks to do comparative analyses of your company’s performance. As a result, you can identify better routes to improve the overall proficiency of your business enterprise.
2. Tools and Services for Technical Migration
Technical migration comprises technical tools and services from SAP for the smooth transformation including the identification of custom code which requires migration. Read this blog from SAP for the technical details in dept.
ALSO READ: Your Journey to SAP S/4HANA
3. Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
The core product of RISE with SAP is the SAP S/4HANA Cloud. SAP S/4HANA Cloud is a comprehensive ERP for large enterprises with built-in AI, machine learning, and advanced analytics. It assists businesses in adopting new business models, leveraging AI’s predictive power as well as managing rapid business change and resources.
Additionally, this edition allows customers’ cloud infrastructures to run in the SAP data centre or with a hyperscaler of their choice (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Alibaba Cloud).
SAP S/4HANA Cloud supports both private and public cloud deployment:
|Public Cloud||Private Cloud|
|Suitable for customers with|| || |
|Infrastructure provider/ data centre|| || |
A use case scenario of an operational purchaser preventing production delays and re-scheduling:
4. SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP)
With SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) you can build, integrate, and extend business applications with a combination of technologies for :
- Database and Data Management
- Application Development and Integration
- Intelligent Technologies
Intelligent technologies include the Internet of Things, Edge Services, Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (RPA), conversational AI and AI Business Services. Instead of building these applications from scratch, you can subscribe to any of these services. Notably, these services enable you to respond to challenges quickly and with agility, using one or more solutions and business-centric services.
SAP BTP and SAP S/4HANA Cloud
SAP BTP and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, as part of the RISE with SAP package – provide a portfolio of solutions that tie together data in business systems to produce real-time as well as actionable insights that fuel intelligent processes.
5. SAP Business Network Starter Pack
Integration of SAP S/4HANA Cloud with Business Network Starter Pack reduces information silos and increases transparency among all supply chain stakeholders, allowing decisions to be made with fewer variables interfering.
Rise with SAP connects the Business Network starter pack to SAP S/4HANA Cloud. Business Network starter pack consisting of:
I. Ariba Business Network to collaborate seamlessly with suppliers
The Ariba Network is an online marketplace where buyers and sellers collaborate on procurement and supply chain transactions.
II. Asset Intelligence Network (AIN) to collect and share asset usage information
SAP’s Asset Intelligence Network is a cloud-based platform that allows for secure data exchange among various roles in asset-intensive industries, such as equipment manufacturers, operators, and maintenance providers.
III. Logistics Business Network (LBN) to connect shippers and carriers
Provides buyers with historical information on the materials used in their purchased product, and helps them find the best freight partner to transport it. Also, keeps track of when they should expect to receive it.
Why should you RISE with SAP?
The RISE with SAP system is designed to guide an enterprise to expand its operations and ensure that the business managers of the enterprise have a thorough knowledge of the company. Furthermore, the package helps you to evaluate all aspects of your business enterprise, from procurement to warehousing, inventory management, selling, and even customer management. Hence, you will no longer have to consider using separate solutions and keep integrating them into a platform to improve your business operations.
The most significant advantages of a cloud-based SAP solution are that it is cost-effective and scalable. Moreover, all the information/data you provide will be protected with the highest security.
Certainly, real-time data is required to make informed business decisions. The cloud-based S/4HANA offered by RISE with SAP provides real-time data, analytics, and statistics that cover all business activities, including financials, accounting, sales, vendor management, and customer relationship management.
In fact, this bundle pack offers more than data management and predictive analysis. The key objective of RISE with SAP is to create business intelligence. This requires not just the S/4HANA but the other components of the RISE with SAP. To create business intelligence, it’s necessary to combine the data gathered from all the components of RISE with SAP.
In short, it’s a way to optimise your business processes and rise to become an intelligent enterprise with SAP!